Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Installing Windows 7 with Bootcamp

I was amazed by how simple the process was. Managing partitions with Bootcamp is easy stuff. Kudos to Apple for making the process so simple.

If you want to install Windows 7 on your Mac Mini, check out the the following manual for OS X 10.6:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/Boot_Camp_Install-Setup_10.6.pdf

I only ran into one glitch: While installing the Bootcamp drivers on Windows, the process froze while installing the NVIDIA drivers. What did I do? I merely re-started Windows with my Mac OS X disc still in the drive. For whatever reason, the Mac Mini needed a little re-boot to get the graphic drivers going. After that. the rest of the installation went flawlessly.

Does the Mac Mini requires more than 2GB of memory to run Windows 7?
Not with my Mac Mini. It runs the Home Premium version without any problems.

Should I download the 32 or 64-bit version of Windows 7 for my Mac Mini?
I'm no expert but I think the 32-bit version is good enough for most people, especially if you haven't upgraded your Mac Mini's memory.

Where can I get Windows 7 for free?
You can't, legally. You can, however, download 30-day trial versions of Windows 7 here:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-windows-7-iso-official-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-download-links/

Theoretically, you can extend the 30-day trial to 120 days by following the instructions on this site:

http://windowssecrets.com/top-story/use-any-version-of-windows-7-free-for-120-days/

No comments:

Post a Comment